Friday, April 20, 2012

R.I.P. Shirley

I have known her for a number of years, although not very close, as she was one of the Taylor's staff based in KK office who enrolled me into my studies in Taylor's right after high school, and for being colleagues for the past 3 years.

Shirley, a kind, soft spoken, helpful, look wise a little bit timid yet very knowledgeable, living a healthy living lady.

Only god will know why, she was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer just 2 months ago, out of sudden. The cancer has somehow moved up to her brain, causing her speech difficulties at some point. She refused any kind of treatment at first I heard, but for some reason her family brought her over to UKM hospital, seeking the last hope to survive.

My colleagues went to see her yesterday afternoon, she was still able to talk a bit, read and reply smses, but according to them, she is not going to hold much longer.

I was suppose to pay her a visit this afternoon, before she flies back to KK tomorrow, but I was too late. She left us just about an hour before my arrival at the hospital. All I got to see was a covered coffin-like bed, with her body rested inside.

Dear Shirley, so sorry for not sending you an sms, or saying good bye to you when I still could. May you rest in peace with father god, you are at a better place now.

You will definitely be missed. :)

No comments:

Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker