Friday, March 23, 2012

This morning at work...

A group of my closest 'client', i.e. the principal, the deputy principal, the president & members of PTA (Parents Teachers Association) of a secondary school came for a visit today, while enrolling the president's son into our program.

I was entertaining them with other colleagues, chit chatting, walked away awhile and went back. Then out of sudden, the deputy and this president of PTA (a very nice, kindred yet powerful, respected-by-many single mum who sees me as her son/little brother) looked at me with eyes wide open, and asked, 'Alan, you look so sad since just now, why is it what's wrong? Tell me, are you leaving...?'. I got a little bit shock and silenced for few seconds before I responded, 'Mmm... honestly yes I am.'

Well from the beginning when I knew they were coming, I did planned to tell/inform them, particularly 2 of them that I'm closet to and respect on, the deputy principal & the present of PTA, about my decision of moving on, leaving this magnificent place, but then again it did seemed to be the right time.

How did they find out? Seriously I didn't think they saw it from my face although I did look unhappy, instead, I believe it was my boss who told them cause he was also there too. My boss, you know, can understand that he is trying to maintain & rescue the relationship with one of his biggest clients cause his staff servicing them is jumping to another boat.

The way both of them looking at me when I said Yes was, kinda saddening, no idea why. I felt sad too for not being able to service them again on behalf of my current company, but when they asked further on my direction, I refused to answer, cause my boss was around.

Lunch, boss brought them to a nice cafe in campus that I always visit. They sat down to make their orders, and because the president is fasting, she stood and drag me aside to question me. 'Where are you going Alan? Tell me. Will I still see you around?' I smiled at her and told her where I'm heading, the place she was once close to as well. She was so glad, so so glad, and went to tell the deputy. 2 of them laughed and happily shacked my hand I don't know for what, but it did wash away some of my worries of losing supports from them. :)

Thanks to them, this group of client-turned-friend people, I felt so good of being appreciated, at least I know where I stand now, and how much value have I gained for myself. This proves that working with full respect, truth & sincerity is always the right move to gain others' trust.

Despite of the issues that have been bothering me these few days, the above has indeed coloured up my day a little.



Me, waiting outside MVEC hours ago...

No comments:

Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker